Sunday, December 29, 2013

The dam is still there

If you live in the Baltimore area, you may have noticed that it rained today. I thought it might be fun to look at the USGS stream data for Minebank run.




Whoa, look at that.

As it usually does during a heavy rain, the stream went in to flood mode. I imagined that the dam was probably overwhelmed. 

I decided to drive up to the park to see for myself. 










I was wrong. The dam was still there. Which was a very pleasant surprise. 















breached on the 15th.
The dam was breached once already this month, on the 15th.  

The beaver pair repaired it pretty quickly, and have been reinforcing it; apparently











repaired by the 22nd.













in good shape on the 28th.



















and still holding up on the 29th.



















Enjoy a couple videos that I captured recently. 






























More later.

1 comment:

  1. Love the videos, Bill.
    Thanks for posting them for us to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete