Saturday, June 30, 2018

Everywhere you look....what do you find?

You find deer.

And you find nice people.

While I was out walking this morning I found a really talented naturalist leading a walk searching for wild edibles. I joined his group only for a few minutes. He had lots of happy and well educated visitors with him. He was leading the walk for free because he's one of the good guys.

And I passed a nice man with a plastic bag full of trash and a trash grabber. We chatted for a minute as I was curious what he was doing. Bless him, he was out for a walk in the park and he said he picks up trash as he goes along.

And later I saw a dog off leash, looking vaguely lost. Within minutes, several other people saw the dog, stopped it, called the owner (who had been frantically looking for it since it ran away from home hours before), moved it to shade, and gave it water while they waited for the owner to drive to the park and pick it up.

You find them on trails....

and in little gullies...

and in velvet....

and even you find them looking at you.....

Don't forget to go outside and play.

No comments:

Post a Comment