Tuesday, May 28, 2013

A week for the birds (and some nice videos)

the dam. 27 May 2013.
The college year is finished, so I was delighted to have my son join me as we checked the camera yesterday. The dam is about the same as it was last week.


Last week I placed the camera in a new location, only inches above the water line. My hope was to get a better view of what I believe is the beavers' home--maybe even to get a picture of a beaver going into or out of that home. No luck there.



But I did capture several birds, and a couple other mammals. That was a surprise;and a lot of fun.

the man-made dam. 27 May 2013.
 I also discovered that someone has built a dam of stones at the upstream end of the beavers' pond. That's the second art installation I have found in the past couple months.










Enjoy the birds, and video proof that our rodents are still there....




































More later.




No comments:

Post a Comment