Sunday, April 28, 2013

Now how do I write the gender pronouns? (I need an editor)

I checked the dam again yesterday.

the dam. 27 April 2013.
As you can see, all is well.















And we have photo confirmation of our quick visual observation of last week. As you can see, there are indeed two of these delightful rodents in our pond.

count 'em--there's two!

I presume that this means there will soon be more. Beavers are monogamous. They usually give birth to 2 to 4 young each spring. Birthing occurs typically in April or May. That's something to look forward to, isn't it?

I have noticed something else that caught my attention in the last couple visits to the beaver pond. There are fewer sticks left over from the beaver eating the cambium than there were in the winter. I think this means that they have switched to eating more green plants and less wood cambium. 



27 April 2013.
Also, the big tree is nowhere near being eaten through. I'll let you know if they ever do get it down.














Below are some pictures of the comings and goings at the pond recently.


More later.



1 comment:

  1. Bill,
    Too cool!
    FYI, so far this spring, I've shared our beaver with 5 girl scout troops. The girls love seeing the signs of beaver and I've directed them to your critter cam postings. Thank you for sharing your critter cam with our Park.

    ReplyDelete